Jaime’s house

Jaime Tirado is a friend of ours who visits ExAlt every week. He’s a famous  Puerto Rican painter and muralist. He is currently the resource person for the painting offering at ExAlt. He invited all of us to his house on Monday and we had a great time! First, we had a tour around the house. I saw a hammock and lay down on it for a few minutes. When the tour was finished, we went around the area to explore. I ate some orangees that were EXTREMELY yummy. I talked with Anaiomy’s parents about nature and stuff. At one point, I was very bored, so I asked Anaiomy’s dad, Johnathan, if he could help me climb a tree. He showed me the technique of the three points of contact. It means that you have 4 limbs (2 arms and 2 legs). At least three of them have to always be touching the tree at the same time. So I used that to climb the tree and we climbed pretty high up. While we were up there, we started taking pictures and videos of the ground and of ourselves. And then, all of a sudden, my eye started itching a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a LOT. It felt as if an ant was in between my eyelid and my eye. It felt horrible. It itched so much, it became one of those itches that make you start coughing and sneezing because your body is trying to get whatever bothering you out of you system. It was disgusting. Johnathan told me to calmly climb down the tree and I did. We went and flushed my eye with water over and over again. It still itched a whole lot and my eye was trying to cry out whatever was in it. My mom helped me to the bathroom where she had seen some eyedrops and she helped me put them on. It itched a whole lot less but it was still itching a lot by then. It still hurt so much. After that, I went to where everyone was at a ravine closeby. I saw the little kids all in the little river and it was kinda fun besides my eye hurting. At some point, I was so tired, that I went and lay down on the hammock once more and fell asleep. While I was sleeping, I could feel my eye crying. Trying to take out of my system whatever was in it. I slept like 2 hours and when I woke up, my eye didn’t hurt anymore. It was such a relief. By that time, we were already late to leave, so we did a quick gratitude circle before leaving, and left to ExAlt. When we got back to ExAlt, people started wanting to buy the limbers I had and eventually we sold out. All in all, it was a great day and a wonderful experience despite all the pain

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *